This tutorial will show you how to make a 2D 2-player capture the flag platformer game using the new 2D sprite tools and 2D physics that were recently added in Unity 4.3.
If the game in this tutorial looks familiar it’s because I showed you how to make this same game last year using a 3rd party sprite manager plugin to handle the sprite display and animation. This time I’m going to show you how to make the game using Unity’s brand new built-in 2D tools.
In This Tutorial
- Create animated and static sprites using the new 2D sprite tools
- How to use the new Physics 2D components
- Connect animation states in Mecanim
- Basic principles of level design and placing objects in the editor
- Lots of Unity tips and tricks
- Project files are included (download link is below)
Before You Begin
- Play the completed game on the web to see the final product: Rocket 5 CTF
- Download the project files and unzip them somewhere on your hard drive: Rocket5_2D_CTF_Game_Unity4.3.zip
- Download the latest version of Unity, you’ll need Unity 4.3 or newer.
The Video Tutorial
And if you have any questions or need some help, please be sure to add a comment.